Saturday, October 18, 2014

Germany...the rest of the week

Well...once the actual work started, the camera did not come out too much. Spent the entire day both Tuesday and Wednesday at the client's HQ. We were responsible for paying for the taxis across town to transport all the clients in town from across Europe, so I had not problem getting rid of most of my Euro Cash - about 35 per ride to get across town.

On Tuesday night we had a lot to prepare for the next day, so we stopped at a steakhouse across the street from the hotel; the same chain from the one we went to on Sunday. I ordered the pork schnitzel.


On Wednesday night, our company took the entire group of about 40 to a nice Italian restaurant in Cologne called XII Apostel. On the way to the restaurant we stopped at a shop and bought some chocolates to bring home.

Up early the next morning to take two flights - Cologne to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to London. The company sent a car to fetch me at Heathrow and I was at the work office in High Wycombe by 12pm (about 8 hours from wake up in Cologne).

Went out for a Curry with co-workers on Thursday night...worked a normal day in the UK office on Friday, then met Sinead's parents (along with Sinead and Simon where I am staying) at Boulters for dinner.

Thanks to our account manager, I got tickets to see the Reading/Derby football match on Saturday. Simon and I will be heading there in a few hours - front row!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment