Sunday, October 20, 2013

Losing, or other words for it...

When I was a kid, I remember sitting in the car (el Camino) when my Dad was driving, listening to the Indians on the AM radio. Since the radio commentator always referred to the Indians as 'Trailing', I had just figured it meant they were winning. Cannot remember the exact point in time that I realized it was the opposite.

In hockey, my Philadelphia Flyers are having a rough go early in the season...as I am reading some headlines regarding their games over the last week, it is humorous how many different ways the headline makers can describe losing...

COYOTES OUTLAST FLYERS

CANUCKS RALLY PAST FLYERS

PENGUINS SKATE PAST FLYERS

I would assume that if the team keeps losing, the writers will resort to slightly changing the statements by adding 'HAPLESS' or 'FORLORN', or 'GROUNDED' as adjectives ahead of the FLYERS.

Just thinking out loud really....

No comments:

Post a Comment