Wednesday, February 20, 2013

CSM Kickstarter Review Part 2 - Demons II, III, IV, V


In my previous post, I alluded to the fact that my favorite miniatures in the set thus far were the Demons. I have not yet seen the Vrock (Type I) and the Balor (Type VI), but the rest of the group is looking mighty nice. I wanted to get some pictures up as soon as possible, so these are still in a state of assembly.


The Type IV Demon has detached wings, one arm with the weapon, and the head. The head fits nice and snug and I have not yet tried to attach anything else. It is quite top heavy which makes it a bit awkward getting in place in the provided slotta base since it is leaning forward. Also, the bottom of the metal base will need to be sanded down a bit to fit properly in the slot. I used some putty to help secure it. I will hack off the flashing on the raised leg after I get everything else assembled.

Below is a side by side compare with the D&D pre-painted Orcus miniature. As you can see, it will be a bit larger once the wings are attached.


The Type III Demon has only the pincers to attach. Not much else to say about this one other than I love it. This is one of the miniatures that I immediately connect to the picture from the MM1. 


Again, below pictured with the D&D Orcus miniature for size comparison


The Type V Demon came with a detached tail and 6 arms with weapons. I can say that the tail is very easy to secure with two male/female plugs and the joint is well hidden by the ring/belt on the first turn of the tail.

Below is a comparison to my partially painted 'Reaper' version of the same creature. Again size wise, these are in line if not a bit larger.


Finally, the Type II was the easiest to deal with - no moving pieces to attach. The extended arm can be adjusted a bit to either rest on the edge of the base or to push in like I did so that it is contained in the base. With resin, that would not have been possible. I really like this one a lot as well. Gotta love the action/attacking pose.

Once again, compared to the D&D Orcus...


And one final group shot compared to Orcus...


4 comments:

  1. Enos Kline posted on February 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

    great comparisons, they look really nice. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted on February 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

    I glued on the hammer for the Type IV over night - I had to hold in place with one of my tools.

    Set one of the pincers to glue this morning being held in place as well. For whatever reason, the pincers were not attaching very easily which I figured would not be the case since they are so much lighter than the hammer was.

    I also wanted to clean up the mold lines on the Type V a bit before I glued here into place on the base. That is why it is loose in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anem Kram posted on February 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM

    Orcus is scary beautiful! I wish they made him bigger though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied on February 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM

      Yup - that is one of my favorite D&D pre-painted minis...I also like the Vrock, Bone Devil, and the Chasme.

      I will use different ones to show the CSM size compares :)

      Delete