In my previous post, I alluded to the fact that my favorite miniatures in the set thus far were the Demons. I have not yet seen the Vrock (Type I) and the Balor (Type VI), but the rest of the group is looking mighty nice. I wanted to get some pictures up as soon as possible, so these are still in a state of assembly.
The Type IV Demon has detached wings, one arm with the weapon, and the head. The head fits nice and snug and I have not yet tried to attach anything else. It is quite top heavy which makes it a bit awkward getting in place in the provided slotta base since it is leaning forward. Also, the bottom of the metal base will need to be sanded down a bit to fit properly in the slot. I used some putty to help secure it. I will hack off the flashing on the raised leg after I get everything else assembled.
Below is a side by side compare with the D&D pre-painted Orcus miniature. As you can see, it will be a bit larger once the wings are attached.
The Type III Demon has only the pincers to attach. Not much else to say about this one other than I love it. This is one of the miniatures that I immediately connect to the picture from the MM1.
Again, below pictured with the D&D Orcus miniature for size comparison
The Type V Demon came with a detached tail and 6 arms with weapons. I can say that the tail is very easy to secure with two male/female plugs and the joint is well hidden by the ring/belt on the first turn of the tail.
Below is a comparison to my partially painted 'Reaper' version of the same creature. Again size wise, these are in line if not a bit larger.
Finally, the Type II was the easiest to deal with - no moving pieces to attach. The extended arm can be adjusted a bit to either rest on the edge of the base or to push in like I did so that it is contained in the base. With resin, that would not have been possible. I really like this one a lot as well. Gotta love the action/attacking pose.
Once again, compared to the D&D Orcus...
And one final group shot compared to Orcus...