Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Taking the Plunge

As some may or may not know, I will be getting married on July 7, 2012. The interesting thing, other than the fact that I have found someone who will marry me, is that our current discussion is over the music at the reception.

She seems to think that my steady diet of 'Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds', 'The Pogues', 'Tom Waits', 'The Tea Party' and 'Johnny Cash' will not be well received by the guests. She would like to thing that her song list will enjoy a '2 to 1' ratio over my song list. She has since 'compromised' to say that I can have a '1 to 1' ratio, but she gets final approval of any of my songs.

Of course, this woman of mine is fine with mainstream bands also on my list like 'The Kinks', 'The Beatles', 'The Who', and 'Paul McCartney'.

Keeping in mind, this will not be a traditional wedding reception with all those crazy things the kids do these days. We are just getting together with some family and friends - free booze and food will be provided and a good time will be had by all.

So I will be playing songs like this...



and this...



and this...



and those are just the Nick Cave songs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment