Friday, November 11, 2011

Weekly Rant, 11/11/2011 - Veteran's Day Edition

Just for Tom...

And now every April I sit on my porch
And I watch the parade pass before me
And I watch my old comrades, how proudly they march
Reliving old dreams of past glory
And the old men march slowly, all bent, stiff and sore
The forgotten heroes from a forgotten war
And the young people ask, "What are they marching for?"
And I ask myself the same question



******

So, gonna take well needed departure from political stupidity this week...just not much else going on right now, other than eagerly awaiting the UPS dude to deliver my 'Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim'...



******

Parks and Recreation is still the best show on TV...



... and watch the webisodes...



******

Where does SyFy get money to produce a potential stinkbomb like 'Rage of the Yeti'?

******

Be sure to thank a veteran today and everyday. I have donated to both the Fisher House and Honor Flight over the years.

******

...and woot! Just arrived...




******

Going with Easy Ed to 'Stroh Con' this weekend...not really a con, but a friend named Stroh having some people over to play some board games. Will have to have a Jerry-Con sometime soon.

******

2 comments:

  1. I as the red-head that I am, really wish everyone would get over every military holiday that there is. There are too many of them, and since 1952 they're always formed after older European men in business suits developed committees to liberate this or that non-European country from itself, killing a dozen thousand soldiers and hundreds of thousands of natives.
    That said, thank you for your tax dollars, which paid for my military career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sure not to thank you personally for your service...

    ReplyDelete