Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekly Rant, 10/28/2011

******

I have commented on the whole 'Occupy' foolishness before...this sums it up nicely...



******

I remember when I was growing up, there was the Halloween scare with people putting razor blades in apples, or otherwise poisoning or doing something with the candy. I think today, hospitals still offer to x-ray bags of candy and so forth. The only thing I ever worried about was getting candy bars. There always seemed to be at least one dentist who handed out toothbrushes and the people that gave you pennies or nickels. Quarters were always acceptable. That paid for a game of Pac-Man or Zaxxon.

I just bought 7 bags of candy for Trick or Treating - Nestle Crunch, Butterfinger, Thousand Grand, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Kit-Kat, Almond Joy, and Baby Ruth. Still need to buy smarties or dum-dums for kids that are too old or not in a costume.

******

I can now download books to my Kindle from the Public Library...there is one government service that I already pay for that I will be using a bit more.

I am reading 'The Stand' right now...still need to finish 'Hood' though...stupid work cutting into all of my free time right now.

******

Tracey and I were on the 'Murder Mystery Train' out of Blissfield last weekend. I bought her the tickets for her birthday. The food was decent, and the performance was good...but...a certain large group of people in one of the train cars were way too drunk and ended up 'getting sick' in the bathrooms on their car. So it seemed that everyone was using our trains restrooms during the 3 hour trip...and guess where our seats were?

******

No comments:

Post a Comment