Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Weekly Rant - 9/29/2011

Work is really stinking, it is raining, and judging by the stinkage at work, this may be the only time I have to post this, so my weekly rant is a day early...

******

And since I am stuck at work, what the feck is up with Ohio born Pittspuke Steeler fans? If you are from Pittsburgh or PA, so be it - understood. But if you are from Ohio, knowing full well that the Steelers are the big rival for both Ohio teams - are you just deciding to be arsehole? "Hey - I am gonna pick the team that everybody hates because I am a jackass." And I am now living in Toledo, so these jackasses are front running morons who can't even say they are geographically closer to Pittspuke than say some other team like Detroit. I can understand not wanting to root for a losing organization like the Browns...but that is like some jerky in Columbus deciding to be a Michigan fan...just to be an arse.

******

Happy Birthday Tracey!!! Love ya kid!

******

One of my favorite Tea Party songs...



******

"Evil Dead the Musical" returns to the Valentine Theatre. We will be going back again. The director says that there will be some slight changes, but the same cast is back. Groovy!

If you are buying tickets, be sure to call the box office to avoid the internet fee.

******

Dreams are weird enough at times, but why are even weirder situations thrown in? Like, you notice you are missing your shoes and you are walking around barefoot? Or, you get on a train and you travel faster than the speed of light and reach your destination in seconds? Or, you know the person in your dream, even though it may be someone you have not seen or remember seeing for years...

******

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

~ Ronald Reagan

******

Last year I had my credit card account hijacked when someone tried to purchase something in California at a Microsoft computer store...now I have an unauthorized purchase with some of the Microsoft Points from my Xbox Live account...if these people spent the time actually learning a skill and getting a job instead of trying to figure out how to cheat other people...just saying.

******

The difference between work and recess...



******

"I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."

~ Benjamin Franklin

******

No comments:

Post a Comment